Hiring a Campus President at an Award-Winning Company in Meridian, Idaho
POSITION: Full time, Exempt
LOCATION: Meridian, Idaho
SALARY: Executive level - Salary commensurate DOE
DEADLINE: Open until filled
Northwest Lineman College (NLC), is offering a rare opportunity for an ambitious and proven leader at our Meridian, ID campus. The Campus President is a key executive within the organization, ensuring the highest standard of operational and educational excellence in the delivery of pre-apprentice, apprentice, and specialized training within the Power, Gas and Telecom industries. The ideal candidate will utilize robust knowledge of the energy delivery industry to elevate our already-exceptional educational services by practicing strong emotional intelligence, working within a team-oriented mindset, and employing a servant leadership style. The Campus President manages a single campus location and reports to the VP of Campus Operations, who is based at corporate headquarters and accountable for oversight of all campus locations.
Why Northwest Lineman College?
Northwest Lineman College is an industry-leading institution, providing educational services for the line trades in the Power, Gas and Telecom industries. NLC has been setting an exceptional standard of training for pre-apprentice, apprentice, and journey-level linework since 1993. We are a rapidly growing, visionary and innovative employer who genuinely cares about the happiness of our people. That’s why we’re a six-time “When Work Works” award winner and certified “Great Place to Work (2020)”. We are passionate about training because we change lives and improve safety. We value our customers and thrive in the dynamic world of power and telecom delivery, pushing ourselves to excellence and making work fun.
What the Campus President does:
- Ensures education and training programs delivered on campus are innovative, relevant, effective and best-in-class
- Oversees and monitors campus quality controls, including employment verifications, audit requirements, student survey outcomes, delivery of electives, student housing, etc., verifying the total student experience is of the highest possible standard
- Ensures enrollment trends/forecasts align with capacity and available resources, and that staff is scheduled in coordination with all NLC offerings and at optimal utilization rates
- Leads implementation of new educational offerings, services, facilities, and labs
- Manages full ownership and accountability for the Campus Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, inventory levels, and annual budget projections
- Fortifies and cultivates relationships with regional utilities and construction companies, trade organizations, industry manufacturers, and local governments
- Leads the intelligent integration of safety and environmental best practices into campus operations with NLC training and education programs
- Reports key metrics of campus operations to include retention, accreditation, compliance, revenue, operating income, budget, new program roll-out, graduate employment rates, and elective course offerings, in addition to student/graduate and employer/customer satisfaction
- Creates meaningful ways to recognize employee performance
- Fosters a positive work environment, one in which employees are inspired, empowered, and respected
- Commits to lifelong learning through continual professional improvement and by participating in strategic initiatives to support NLC’s long-term success
The success patterns for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, education, or a related field, plus ten (10) years’ progressive management experience with operational and P&L responsibility for a budget of over $10+ million
- Direct supervisory experience hiring and managing high-producing teams
- Experience working in/with the energy or telecom industry is preferred
The successful candidate will have the following personal characteristics:
- High level of abstract reasoning, flexible thinking, creativity, judgment and logical problem solving
- Knowledge of and ability to apply strategic planning processes and project management methodologies
- Exceptional standard of professionalism
- Demonstrated proficiency with various technology platforms; openness to related efficiencies
- Exceptional business acumen and grit
- Capacity to lead and inspire others even when the area of responsibility is unfamiliar
- Ability to capture the time and attention of management to resolve issues
- Excellent communication and listening skills in English, both oral and written
- Ability to work flexible office hours that allow for both day and evening customer contact
- Self-starter and driven by a high standard of excellence – in short, you will embody the NLC spirit! Not sure what that means? Watch our spirit video here: https://vimeo.com/142671973
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at https://lineman.edu/business-home/work-for-nlc/ to apply and to learn about amazing benefits. All inquiries and submissions will be kept strictly confidential.
Northwest Lineman College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and six-time recipient of the “When Work Works” award, which recognizes exemplary employers who create effective, flexible workplaces to increase business and employee success.